W4CAA now offers the George Shen Ministry Scholarship based on your talents in Christian service, zeal in campus evangelism, commitment in leading inductive Bible study, academic achievements, and financial need.
The scholarship is set up in memory of brother George Shen (1946–2021), a faithful servant of God who was devoted to evangelism and discipleship ministry among Chinese students.
Candidate must demonstrate:
- talents in Christian service, such as in leadership, music, interpersonal relationship, or communication;
- zeal in campus evangelism;
- continual commitment in leading inductive Bible study, preferably in both Cantonese and English;
- academic achievements; and
- financial need.
Candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a 2- or 4-year college in North America, or in a graduate program at a research university or seminary in North America. An applicant who expects to be enrolled in the following academic term may apply, but any scholarship or support awarded will not take effect until enrollment is confirmed.
Scholarship recipient will:
- be awarded partial or full support, such as a voucher for his tuition or his room and board, for a specified number of semesters or quarters (amount awarded will be based on financial need);
- be invited to apply for scholarship renewal if he remains eligible per Eligibility above, and has completed AA Inductive Bible Study Leader certification.
An applicant should:
- fill out an application form (including personal information, church information, and college information), explaining his eligibility per Eligibility above (forms can be obtained from TonyChan@w4caa.org);
- sign the form and submit it to Scholarship Dept, W4CAA, C/O Dr Tony Chan, 170 E. Yorba Linda Blvd., Suite 380, Placentia, CA 92870.